If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Book Review: Damaged 2 By H.M. Ward

Damaged 2
(Damaged #2)
By H.M. Ward



Published: June 24th 2013

Home isn't supposed to be dangerous, but for Sidney it is. Returning home means that she has to face her past. It's not just the man who hurt Sidney that makes it horrible, but the family that didn't believe her. They were dead to her, but now that her mom is really dying things seem different. It's a chance to set things right.
What Sidney doesn't realize is that she's dragging Peter into a collision course with his past. Peter must deal with the demons haunting him if he wants to move forward with Sidney. He's willing to give up everything for her, even wade deeper into his past life to help her move forward. But, Peter isn't sure if he can get over what happened to him in New York.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N |

My Review:

This book was an overall good read. I am in neutral ground. There wasn't anything I particularly liked or disliked about this novel. It was a good continuation to the first novel, but this feels like it's the last book in the spin-off series. Then again, the story is basically over so I don't know what I'm b****ing about anyway.
   
The only thing that I found weird was that Mr. Turkey got lost in the story line. Sure he too got a "happy ending", but he never saw a vet and they never new why he was the way he was. He seemed more like a dog than a vulture in my mind too, though.
   
I am a sucker for abused heroines (which I've mentioned in my previous reviews). So this book really called out to me. It's refreshing to also read about a somewhat abused hero (not the what you're thinking). I'll just leave that tidbit of information and hope that you're curious enough to read this mini series. Which I hope you won't regret C:

Favorite Quotes:

"(...) if you hurt her - if you lay a finger on her - I will get my daddy's gun and shoot you. It's a promise, not a threat".

"Who knows, you might end up in a car with a crazy girl and a cross-dressing vulture".

"Compared to you, well, nothing compares to you so let's just say I'm lucky and leave it at that".

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...