If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Audio Book Review: Eternal Kiss Of Darkness By Jeaniene Frost

Eternal Kiss Of Darkness
(Night Huntress World #2)
By Jeaniene Frost

Narrator: Tavia Gilbert
Length: 10 hrs and 24 mins
An immortal war has been brewing in the darkness . . . And now one woman has stumbled into the shadows.

Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling should have just kept on walking. But her sense of duty refused to let her ignore the moans of pain coming from inside a warehouse just before dawn. Suddenly she finds herself in a world she's only imagined in her worst nightmares.

At the center is Mencheres, a breathtaking Master vampire who thought he'd seen it all. Then Kira appears, this fearless, beautiful . . . human who braved death to rescue him. Though he burns for her, keeping Kira in his world means risking her life. Yet sending her away is unthinkable.

But with danger closing in, Mencheres must choose either the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks |

My Review:

What an incredible book this continues to be. This is my first reread of 2017 and I can't believe this has held up to the test of time. I shouldn't doubt this authors talent when it comes to her Night Huntress and spin off series. 

I enjoyed how kickass and snarky Kiara was. There was never a dull moment with her around. She also stood up for things she believed in and usually won those arguments. 

I was on the fence about Mencheres for a long time before this book came out. I'm glad I gave it a chance in 2010. It changed my perspective on quite a few characters. I liked how protective he was of Kiara without overdoing it. When they had a disagreement he would fight her with rational thought and well formulated sentences. He never once pulled the alpha card.

I wish this wasn't a standalone because I would love to know more about Mencheres. I once read somewhere that this author does plan on writing more books for the characters in her Night Huntress series. That'll have to tide me over. 

The Audio Book:

The narration was overall very good. I will say though that the narrator's voice for Bone's really REALLY ticked me off because it was so high pitched and warped. One other thing that rubbed me the wrong way was how Vald's name was pronounced. I've watched enough movies to get used to that name being pronounced a certain way. It threw me off completely.

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...