If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Book Review: Broken Dreams By Callie Anderson

Broken Dreams
By Callie Anderson


Ethan is the boy who climbed into my bedroom every night.

He's everything I love.
Laced with everything I despise.

He's every happy memory.
And every shattered dream.

He's my everything.
But he broke every part of me.

I'm supposed to hate him.
But I can't.
I don't know how.


Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

My Review:

Overall the story was a very nice read. The writing tugged at all my emotional heartstrings and made it impossible for me not to be sucked into the story. The whole story (with the exception of the ending) had a very somber tone to it and that made it all the more realistic.

Leslie was a great character. Though she had her dreams literally crushed when she was halfway to them she never let it get her down. She fought for a future regardless and, for the most part, came out on the other side. I can respect her actions and I was rooting for her to get a happy ending.

Ethan's past breaks my heart because, unfortunately, it's a harsh reality that quite a number of people go through. I can't imagine the guilt he must have for what happened to Leslie. Even though I liked him, the bar scene was such a turn off. I understand he was upset, but there was no need to come on that strong.

The ending felt way too rushed. I also didn't like how Leslie dealt with her loss and forgiving Ethan. She claimed to love it, but after he grovels for a few days he's forgiven? The look into the future didn't sit well with me. It was too perfect. I would have liked to have a continuation of Leslie and Ethan's story in the form of another novel or novella, but not a rushed epilogue.

My Favorite Quotes:

"I was wrong. Some wounds don't ever heal."

"Sometimes the universe makes choices for us because it sees the potential we still have."

"Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom, shatter your dreams in order to create new ones."

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...