If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Monday, May 21, 2018

Book Review: Nameless By Jessica Sorensen

Nameless
(Broken City #1)
By Jessica Sorensen

I live in a world where freedom doesn't exist, and life is a battle for survival. Most people aren't even allowed to have names.

But I had a name once. I was Allura until the Wardens captured me.

They told me I was a Nameless. That I was no one, and my sole purpose was to obey them. And, for a while, I believed them.

I spent years living underground in the channels beneath the city, dreaming of being outside again. I never thought it would happen. That I'd die in the darkness of my cell.

But then three guys show up in the channels and my fate suddenly changes.

Blaise, Ryder, and Reece are part of a secret group working to take down the Wardens and help rescue the Nameless. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I might survive.

But the outside world isn't like how I remember. The city has become even more dangerous, especially for the Nameless. To survive, I'll have to learn how to trust the guys and live in a world full of crime where almost everyone is hunting for me.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N |

My Favorite Quotes:

A Note: I schedule all my reviews months in advance and at the time of reading this book and writing this review there was no mention that it was a reverse harem story in the title or in the description of this novel.

This was quite a short book and I don't know how to feel about it. It was overall entertaining, but it wasn't mind-blowing. It was exactly what I was looking for at the time though.

I liked Allura as a character. She tries to be strong but she's not there yet. She makes up for that with intelligence and a little spunk. I'm curious as to what she is and it's complications in future books.

I liked the three men that rescued her, though I couldn't tell them apart for the life of me. They were all helpful and sweet to her, but no one left a lasting impression on me. I hope that changes in the other books in this series.

I found out, a little too late, that apparently this is a reverse-harem series (I.E. one girl, multiple guys). There was nothing romantic in this novel, which made me happy because reverse-harem stories aren't my thing. I'm hesitant to continue on in this series after finding that out, though the author doesn't mention it anywhere. I'm just confused at this point. Overall though this was an interesting book and the story was set up well.

My Favorite Quotes:

"You need to understand that some humans are equally as evil (...)."

"People wander out there, searching for something better, and never find it."

"That's the problem with legends. While sometimes they hold a hint of truth, it's hard to sort through all that nonsense."

My Rating:



2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised that Sorensen writes non-romance books! I'm definitely not a fan of harems/reverse harems if they're romantic... Ick!

    - Aimee @ Aimee, Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't considered that. This is young adult so maybe it's tamer or maybe things heat up as the series progresses? This author has a lot of traditional adult and young adult romance series, but somewhere along the way she stopped specifying what category/genre a certain series was. I assumed this wasn't a reverse harem because it wasn't written in the synopsis and the reviews I read didn't say anything about it. Books about harems and reverse harems aren't for me either. I hate it when I pick one up because it wasn't clearly stated somewhere in the synopsis or the book.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...